Only if necessary – and as conservative as possible
We want you to feel you are in good hands following diagnosis, so we perform all surgery ourselves. We treat patients with supplementary insurance at the Zurich Hirslanden and Bethanien private hospitals, and we also operate at the hospital in Zollikerberg. We are firmly in favour of conservative, minimally invasive methods – for short hospital stays and a speedy recovery:
- Hysteroscopic surgery performed via uterus endoscopy
- NovaSure system (gold mesh method) to treat heavy menstrual bleeding
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
Standard widespread procedures for removing the uterus involve an incision in the abdomen or removal via the vagina. Both methods are associated with substantial damage to healthy tissue, considerable postoperative pain and several weeks’ convalescence. In recent years, laparoscopy has been used to develop a revolutionary, very minimally invasive technique for performing hysterectomies – for short hospital stays and a rapid recovery.
- Laparoscopic surgery of the ovaries
- Laparoscopic surgery to treat endometriosis
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Plastic surgery of the vagina and entrance to the vagina
- Tubal ligation
- Surgery for pelvic floor problems associated with prolapse: incontinence operations such as tension-free vaginal tape (TVT)
Rension-free vaginal tape surgery is the most successful and least invasive of operations to treat incontinence. It involves placing a mesh tape under the urethra via the vagina. This provides support for the urethra to correct stress incontinence – involuntary loss of urine during activities that put pressure on your bladder such as coughing, sneezing, laughing and jumping.
- Botox injections for irritable bladder complaints
- Surgery for non-malignant and malignant breast diseases, including sentinel node procedure